Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lots of Stuff!

So much to tell! It was a great weekend! I left early on Holy Thursday and when I got to town, went by my parents' to pick up the turkey for Easter dinner on Sunday. Luckily they'd taken it out of the freezer for me so that it could start to thaw. I also picked up the roaster from them, it's good to have parents who have all the stuff you need for dinner! :) Jason came home from work just a few minutes after I got everything inside and surprised me by taking me out to dinner at one of our local faves, Mission. It was so wonderful to get to eat sour cream on my Mexican food!!! ;-) Then we went to Holy Thursday Mass in Lamar and it was really nice. I tried to stay up extra late for my Jason at Adoration, but finally had to give in and tell him I was too tired. :( Friday I woke up early with Jason (who will totally say that HE slept IN with ME! ;-)) and we said morning prayers together before he left for work. I slept in and then when I got up I got the dishes done and some other stuff done for Easter dinner. Then rested my aching feet and my horribly cankly ankles. :( Jason took a late lunch at 3PM so that we could go to the Stations of the Cross together, then I dropped him off at work and went to the store to get those few things we needed for Easter dinner. We went to the Good Friday service in Lamar and again really enjoyed it, I'm so thankful to get to hear the story of the Passion of our Lord twice, liturgically. When we got home we also watched The Passion (the Mel Gibson movie), and even though it was a late night (for me, early night for Jason!), I'm very happy we did this as it is such a good visual of what our Lord went through.

Saturday Jason had his class to teach and I had some cleaning to do to get ready for both of our parents coming over for Easter! Eek! I also decided to try a new recipe for lunch. Chicken Packets. It's cream cheese and a little bit of milk to make the cream cheese creamier, and cooked chicken cut into cubes. You mix those together and put it into crescent rolls. I thought it was pretty good....Jason, on the other hand, well...let's just say he was sweet enough to eat a whole one! ;-) Then I promised him ice cream to make up for it! So, we got ready and headed to LA early to have DQ and then hung out with the Mom, the Dad, and the Jonnie until Mass. Easter Vigil Mass started at 8PM and really is a beautiful Mass!! Jason and I did three of the readings each and then the Dad did the last two readings. It's humbling to remember where we came from as we listen to 7 Old Testament readings, and to make a new promise to think more on where we want to be going daily. :)

I missed Easter Sunday Mass so that I could babysit the turkey. :( I know it's not mandatory to go to Mass on both the Vigil and Sunday, but I was really sad to miss it. If we have Easter dinner at our house again next year, we're having a casserole or something simpler! ;-) Once Jason got home we finished getting ready for everyone to get there! I'll take this time to reiterate what a wonderful husband I have! He cleaned up the bathrooms, continually checked on food and did whatever I needed/wanted him to do all morning so as to make things easier on me! He sure is wonderful! :-D We had a great meal; the Mom brought cheesy broccoli and some veggie pasta thing, and of course ice cream, we had turkey and ham and rolls, and my mom and dad brought Granny Bev's apple pie (yummy!), devilled eggs, Dad's mashed potatoes (totally the best!!), and chocolate chip cupcakes! It was lots of good food. The parents sat and enjoyed each other's company, I went between the kitchen and dining room, and Jason and Jonnie did the dishes! Which was so awesome!!! :)

After food and dessert we decided to play UNO Flash! My mom and dad hadn't played it before, and it took a while to catch on, but I think they really liked it. Maybe they would have caught on better if their daughter had actually told them ALL the rules at the beginning....hmmm........nah! ;-) But, dad still lost as he kept having to draw 6! Good thing he was a good sport!

This week is my last week at St. Catherine's and I'm soooo excited! I'm ready to be home spending every evening with Jason! He's taken on doing side computer work again so I know we won't have all of our lazy time together like we do on the weekends, but still getting to spend time in the same HOUSE at least will be great! :-D I can't wait to be a stay at home wife...of course now Jason might have to endure more new recipes! ;-) I'm counting down the days and I think some of my coworkers are too. I'll be so glad to not have the stress of working in a drama filled office anymore, and again am SO thankful to have a wonderful husband who is bringing me home!!!

On my last week here the Mom and the Jonnie decided to visit today, since I only had one patient all day. Yes, you read that correctly, one patient...all day. :-|We went to Walmart, Target, and Dillon's! Whoa! Lots of shopping! We also went to the Golden Dragon for lunch and it was pretty yummy today! At Target we were looking at baby stuff (of course!) and I am sooo ready to get all the rest of the stuff for the baby. OK, not ALL of it, but definitely ready to get more baby goodies at home! :) I can't wait to meet the kumquat!!!

Well, that seems like enough for now! Jason and I are really blessed to have gotten to spend so much time with our family over the weekend; our little family of 2 1/2, plus our larger family!

No comments:

Post a Comment