Friday, April 23, 2010

Life at Home

Well, two weeks down as a stay at home wife, and I'd say that we're adjusting well. :) It has been so awesome to get to be home for good! I've got something of a routine down for house cleaning and cooking, so I'm really hoping that when the kumquat arrives, we'll have things pretty much figured out. Except for that whole parenting thing ;-) we have time to learn that right?

Last week was Jason's birthday as well as the mom's and my nephew Kaden! Sheesh! That's a lot! Since Kaden is far away, we didn't do anything for him, but I was definitely thinking of him on his special day! :) Jason's birthday fell on Thursday and I had big plans to have a sour cherry pie and dinner ready when he got home. But the swelling cankles had different plans. :( Because the night before I had been so swollen that my poor toes could hardly move, Jason put me on bed rest. No cooking, cleaning, or baking. I was pretty sad, but the day off my feet definitely helped the swelling go down. He got his pie on Friday though! ;-)

The weekend was nice, we spent Saturday hanging out while Jason finished up his parents' computer and then we went to Las Animas for Mass as I had to read that night. I spoke with the priest about baptism for the kumquat and we've got a plan for that too, so it was really nice. We had dinner at Carmen's with the mom, dad, and Jonnie, and even went back to play games for a bit! On Sunday we celebrated both the mom and Jason's birthday with stew and cake, and we played Chinese Checkers. Really, I just don't see the fun. :-p Maybe it has to do with my inability to strategize?! After hanging out there for a bit, we stopped by my parents' house to hang out for a little while. My mom filled us full of snack foods! :) And a tamale yummy!!! She had some pepper jack cheese that was too hot for her and dad so Jason and I munched on it along with some veggies. Mom pointed out that they were snacking a bit more but on healthier things because she's finally QUIT SMOKING!!!! Hooray! What an awesome thing, and I'm so proud of her! They spent the weekend cleaning and trying to get the house free of the smoke smell, but I think she'll end up having to paint! Sorry Mom! ;-) Jason then had to go into work for a little while to get some stuff ready for the week as we were out of town Mon-Weds and Brandi had to man the IT department on her own!

Jason had a conference in Denver Monday-Wednesday and since I now have no job, I got to go with him! :-D We saw the grandma on Monday morning and that was nice to get to visit with her and Bob, they are very excited about the kumquat too! Then we went to pick up some stuff for the baby that we'd been waiting on getting. Bottles and a breast pump, along with a carrier for Jason to wear to carry the baby! :) So exciting! We had a nice lunch at Macaroni Grill and then hung out in our hotel room playing Canasta. I should say, "we hung out in the hotel room while Jason SLAUGHTERED me at Canasta", but either way, it was a lot of fun! Then the chunky, pregnant girl got hungry so we went to find some dinner. We settled on hot wings (of course! ;-)) and Jason ordered some that were even too hot for him! It was kind of fun to watch him eat them! :) OK, that's mean, he did struggle, the Atomic wings were REALLY on fire!  On Tuesday the mom and the dad came up as well, but we were sad that Jonnie wasn't feeling well enough to come with them! :( I spent the late morning and early afternoon with them and we hung out with Jason's godmother, Eileen along with her daughter, Jenny (sp?) and granddaughter Savannah. We had a yummy lunch at El Tapatio, but  you can't go wrong with Mexican. All this while Jason was at a conference, but he did say that he really enjoyed it and learned a lot from it so that's good! When Jason was done with his meeting he and I were going to head over to shop some and meet up with the mom and the dad later for dinner, but they were ready early, so we had dinner at Red Robin! Ate waaaaaaaaaaaay too much food that day for sure! But it was yummy! Then we checked out a mall and finally a Babies-R-Us. Awesome! We got more baby stuff, like diaper covers and pins and all the health stuff like the nose-sucker! ;-) We decided not to buy any baby clothes until the baby is here. We have some stuff that has been given to us, and we'll have that with us to bring the baby home from the hospital and then we'll go shopping for more gender-specific clothes. But, for the first few weeks of life, onesies will probably be just fine! It will be the end of July afterall! Wednesday I stayed in the hotel and relaxed as I was horribly swollen and really tired. Jason had his last day of the conference and was done around 3PM. We went to check out another mall before leaving and then, awesome husband that he is, Jason drove ALL the way BACK across town just so he could go through Colorado Springs to feed his wife again! :) We stopped at Olive Garden. Yummy!

Yesterday brought us back to reality, I had laundry to do and picking up to do. Jason had work and getting caught back up there. The week is over already and onto another great weekend together. Being home every night together is so great, even when we don't do anything but talk, or work on separate things, being together is so awesome. :-D And as our little family grows, I can only anticipate that it'll get even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment