Monday, January 25, 2010

Awesome Weekend!

I had so much fun on the weekend that I didn't have time to post anything here.  I haven't been on Facebook for so long that I'm thinking about closing out my account... but enough about that and back to the weekend!

It all started out with my boss yelling at me for working too much this week.  I worked at the Las Animas Clinic so late Thursday, that I didn't get to bed until after midnight.  He told me he didn't want me working that late unless the building was on fire, so for 'punishment', he made me go home early on Friday (which Jeanine was delighted about).  Jeanine and I had a lot of fun hanging out together.  We went to Mission Villanueva for dinner, then vegged out at home watching the first two X-Men DVDs.  We went to bed early (at least it was early for me), and slept in Saturday.

I had to go teach a 3 hour class at the college, but I decided to let the students out 45 minutes early so Jeanine and I could go to Denver.  My sister was going to go with us, but she wasn't feeling well and ended up missing out on a good time!  We stopped at John Erger's Church Supply store and picked up some candles for St. Mary's in Las Animas.  Next we headed over to the same bike store that I bought my last bicycle from.  That last bike was designed for nicely kept roads, but those kinds of roads are a rarity in Lamar, CO.  So I decided to get a commuter bike to help offset the crappy roads.  I got another Giant brand bike, and spent a lot less on it then I thought I would.  We spent quite a bit of time looking the different styles over before I made my choice. I bought a light kit, spare inner-tube and some tubes and a tire for my other bike.  After all that I called my grandma to see if she was feeling up to a visit.  She was getting over a cold and not feeling too well.  So I decided not to tell her that we were in town, but told her we would try to visit in a couple weeks.  We didn't eat breakfast and were getting pretty hungry so I let Jeanine pick the restaurant.  She wanted to go to Gunther Toodys and we found one not too far away in Arvada.  The food was good, and the shakes were HUGE!  We decided to head back home after that.  Jeanine watched "Bolt" on my iPod Touch on the way back.  The movie sounded cool through all the car speakers.

Sunday we celebrated my dad's birthday.  His birthday is on the 25th (Monday), but due to scheduling conflicts we always celebrate birthdays on the weekend before or after (depending on which one is closest to the actual day) so more of the family can get together at the same time.  I was surprised that my brother and sister-in-law didn't show up, especially since he had the day off.  Regardless, we had a great time!  We ate some very chocolaty birthday cake and some Chinese food with lots of good snacks.  We played games and the entire family went for a bike ride (Jeanine and I brought our bicycles with us).   Most of us were able to ride all the way into town and back (about 6 miles round trip).  Then later on, Jonnie and I rode back into town and drove around for a little bit before coming back.  After all that we went out to see Jeanine's folks.  We visited for a while until Jeanine started getting tired.  She has a habit of waking up on Colorado time, but going to bed on Kansas time...  We really need to work on that... ;-)

Jeanine didn't have to go in early on Monday, so she was able to spend another night!  Lately when she comes down for the weekend she leaves Sunday afternoon to get back to Garden City.  But this time we slept in until 6:30am Monday morning!  I can't wait until she is home for good!

All in all we had a very good weekend!  I think I could get used to those! :-D


  1. Who said I had Sunday off? I had to work...

  2. I can't remember who specifically told me, but someone did. Then when you called me at the house while I was there, I assumed you weren't at work. So, I'm guessing you weren't at work during the cards/cake/ice-cream part before or around noon.