Sunday, March 21, 2010

Survived The Weekend!

It's early Monday morning and I just saw Jeanine off to work, and probably won't see her again until Friday. :(  The bright side is she won't have to do this for very much longer. April 9th will bring her back home for good! :-D  We both got up around 4:30am this morning.  While she got ready, I loaded her car and heated up some leftovers for her breakfast.

Since I'm up, I thought I would let you know how the weekend went.  Saturday we lounged around since I didn't have to teach at the college.  Jeanine made me stay in bed until 7:30am! :-o  We pretty much goofed off for most of the day.  Early afternoon we headed over to Jeanine's parents' house and hung out with them for a while.  We picked up a blanket that her mom had made for the baby.  It's very cute! That just made us even more excited for July 24th!  Jeanine had to read at Mass in Las Animas, so we left from there and headed down to get to Church in time to prepare ourselves for Mass.  After Mass, we headed out to my parents' house where my sister had turned her bedroom into "Hotel Spano". We even found mints on the pillows!  We spent the night down there since my parents and sister were going to Denver with us in the morning, and Jeanine likes to sleep in as much as possible. :)
Hotel Spano

We had a fairly uneventful trip to Denver despite all the bathroom breaks. ;-)  My grandma sounds better than she has, but she seemed pretty shaky and she was having trouble with her left side.  She has been experiencing mini-strokes off and on due to the large mass pushing on her brain.  We all met for breakfast and visited for quite a while.  Both of my dad's brothers were able to come over for a little bit too.

The Mother Cabrini Shrine had a lot of snow which made the going up (and especially the coming down) difficult.  Jeanine ran out of energy due to the little kumquat who is now the size of a spaghetti squash.  She made it most of the way up the 373 steps though.  When we got back down to the gift center I took Jeanine's pulse and it was over 200! :-o  After sitting and some cold water, she was fine.

We didn't have any luck getting a hold of Eileen (my mom's friend from school) the entire time we were up there, and had decided to leave.  But shortly after heading out of town, Eileen called so we turned around to go visit with her.  I saw Eileen's brother Jim who I hadn't seen in a very long time.  As well as three of her four children, two of which I haven't seen for over 20 years.  I think my mom had a good time visiting with Eileen.  As we were leaving my dad got into a snow ball fight with a 13 year old grandson of Eileen.  I think he got his workout for the day after that!

When we started home, we decided to go down through the Springs so we could eat at Zio's Italian Kitchen.  The food was very good!  We shared an Italian Nacho appetizer, and I had the Pepperoni Chicken.

After we made it back to Las Animas, we dropped my parents and sister off and headed back to Lamar.  I'm not sure what time we got home, but Jeanine was ready for bed.

All in all we had a great weekend and are thankful for all the family who helped make that possible! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment